Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A little less than a happy high, a little less than a suicide.

So I thought that being a 3L would guarantee that my insanity level during finals stayed to a bare minimum. I was doing pretty good up until today - no intense bacon and/or sugar cravings, not spending 15+ hours a day at coffee, having something that mildly resembled a social life.

Well, that's all come to an abrupt halt.

Today was my first long day at coffee in a long time - currently 10 hours in or so. It wouldn't be all that bad, but I got about 4 hours of sleep last night as a result of watching way too many episodes of Jericho at a friend's place until 6 am. The longer I've been here, the more entertaining I've become - to myself only. A few short days ago I was mildly annoyed when I came across a portion of my class notes that read: "Fuck-ton of notes missing." Now it's amusing. I put the "Don't Panic" sign from the Bar Review Weekly on the back of the computer - and plan to leave it there until I finish with finals. Too bad I can't see it.

I have about 30 charts for Crim Pro (and still going) - which started out with nice headings like "Probable Cause" and "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree." Within the last hour my accurate yet boring headings have been replaced by items such as "Police Can Be Racist and It's Doesn't Matter" and "It Sucks to Be Diabetic." I've even resorted to using homonyms... Riley is now the "Plane View Doctrine" case. I'm still the only one that finds that funny.

God help me.

I've also concluded the following:

1) There is no point to criminal procedure. None. It's just a shitload of cases thrown together in a book I paid too much for.

2) I'm going to straight up fail creditor's remedies. Or somehow learn all of the material in 2 days. Granted, if I had actually went to class I may have had a fighting chance - so it's my own fault. But who really goes to a class at 8 AM on a regular basis?

3) I shouldn't start to re-read anything by Rand in the weeks before my finals start. It's pretty much the equivalent to finding the Nintendo emulator first year of college, and deciding that there would be no way I could study until I beat Zelda.

4) I want more myspace comments. Because they are the only true indicator of how well you are liked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home